Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Path

Guess what?  This house of ours, this property, this homestead (to-be), is even more perfect than I could have ever imagined.  I recently found out that we have a path starting at the side of our property, going all the way to a State Forest!  And if that is not perfect enough, I also found out that one of Bendi's classmates, one of his friends, lives two houses down from us, and that we can take the path from our house to theirs!  Only in my dreams have I dared to hope for such a perfect place.  The ability for a daily walk with the dogs without having to put them into the car and taking them somewhere, a friend for Bendi he could see whenever he wanted, and just the feeling of living pretty much in the middle of the woods, these things make me giddy with happiness.

So let me show you a few pictures from the introduction of the house to the dogs/dogs to the house, and the first walk into these woods.


The introduction:




The path:



Stopping to admire the moss:


A perfect little stream:


Some prefer not using the bridge:


And some use it in unconventional ways:


Perfect tree climbing opportunities:


Bogart always checks back to make sure I'm OK:


More climbing:



And last but not least, a peek into the house 
(I can't wait to move in!!!!):

I hope you all love it as much as I do, (or, if not, at least you understand why I do.)  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment